Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's Do It Together!

I love setting resolutions. Only , I prefer to call them goals. To me, a resolution is something you want to do, not necessarily something you seriously want to do. A goal has structure, it has a plan. Last year, I achieved several goals. I made a big dent in my debt, I read the entire Bible, I wrote two new Get It Together Girl workbooks. However, I didn't lose the weight and that was a big one for me (no pun intended).

For 2012, I am doing something new and I would love it if you would join me. I'm going to periodically share my progress on my goals with you here in this blog. If you'd like, you can share your goals here and add comments on your progress, when I post my status updates.

I used the process outlined in my own goal-setting workbook; I set three goals and charted a plan for achieving them. Here they are.

1. Lose 50 pounds.
2. Pay off two loans.
3. Write another Get It Together Girl workbook and work at promoting the entire series.

I started on January 1st. I met a co-worker and we went for an hour-long walk. I got the name of a credit advisor from a good friend who has used his services. I also began outlining my next workbook. When you set your goals, try to start working on them immediately. Get your momentum going.

If you are setting resolutions for yourself, comment below about what your resolutions are. If you aren't setting resolutions, hopefully, you'll be interested in seeing how we are doing in reaching our goals.

Here are some tips for great goal-setting:
1. Set no more than 3 goals total.
2. Make a plan for how you will achieve your goal.
3. Make a Plan B for what you'll do when you encounter an obstacle.

So what are your top 2012 resolutions? Will you join me on this journey?

No comments: